Wednesday, April 22, 2020

BLACK WIDOW -Poetry

BLACK WIDOW















Such magnificent beauty.
Exquisite.
None other can compare to her.
She holds my attention.
I should leave.
Staying this close is deadly.
But I can not pull away.
Her lure has locked me in, enamoring me.
I move closer.
I want to touch her.
But I can't.
That would be death.
I want to capture her and display her.
I shouldn't.
Logic tells me to kill her.
She isn't safe to keep around.
How can I destroy such a fascinating creature?
I always thought I would be frightened if I encountered one.
But her grace thrills me.
I want to study her.
She glides toward me, those long, elegant legs.
I want to touch her.
My children giggle in the background.
She is not safe to have around.
What if she bites them?
I hate this choice.
Her life, or theirs.
I should let her live.
She most likely will never meet them.
But what if she does?
She comes even closer to me.
I bring my head nearer to her.
Wow, she entrances me.
How can I kill her?
How can I let her live?

__________________________________________________________________
Black Widow
by Stephanie Daich

No comments:

Post a Comment