Wednesday, December 22, 2021

CREATING BOUNDARIES -Poetry

CREATING NEW BOUNDARIES

 






From commitment hour, I am not true.

As others saw-I cannot do

As others-I cannot calm

My disappointments I cannot balm.

From the same upbringing, I do not hold.

My fulfillment-left untold

My satisfaction-left unchecked

To them, I’m a defect.

Then-in my life, new friends I meet.

My brokenness-they complete

My outcast-they include

My life; renewed.

To some groups, I am stained.

A relationship-strained

A loyalty-never formed

Always theatrics performed.

Yet out there are those who appreciate.

Caring for me-or my fate

Caring for me-they give me all

They invite, include, and call.

From this insight, I will no longer give.

My heart and time-to those who don’t forgive

My heart and time-to those who defame

And tarnish my name.

My time I’ll give to those who care.

Loving and kind-I’ll follow anywhere

Loving and kind-to them I’ll unite

Forming a friendship solid and tight.

________________________________________________________

Creating Boundaries

by Stephanie Daich

No comments:

Post a Comment