Tuesday, December 12, 2023

WHEN NATURE CALLED TO ME -poetry

WHEN NATURE CALLED TO ME









Because I could not stop for Nature,

Her storm blew down a tree;

Somehow, I was too busy

So Nature came to me.


When did it happen?

Outdoors, I used to be,

But, the corporate boardroom

Is now all that I see.


Staying indoors always,

now only the walls I see.

I had closed my heart to Nature.

My spirit, no longer free.


So Nature sent a summer storm,

to shake the forces be.

Her majestic power,

Nature calling to me.


The lightning flashed and rumbled,

the waves rocked in the sea.

The powerful summer storm,

brought Nature back to me.


I missed my time outdoors,

my only true therapy.

It was time to return to Nature,

When Nature called to me.

_____________________________________________________________

When Nature Called to Me

by Stephanie Daich

No comments:

Post a Comment