Thursday, September 28, 2023

ONLY WINTER AND NOTHING MORE -Poetry

ONLY WINTER AND NOTHING MORE 





While in my room, I rested, frozen in bed, my mind infested,
I wanted to get up and move. Is that too much to ask for?
As I imagined, nearly dreaming, in came the light, brightly streaming.
In the light, I remembered opening the door, a better life beyond the door-

"It’s only winter," I muttered, "so why do it I abhor?
        Only winter and nothing more."


Then my energy spiked; It’s the coziness I liked.
I pulled myself out of bed, bringing my quilt to the chair.
As I moved, my spirits lightened, feeling fresh, my joy heightened.
At the hearth, I started building, building up a fire-

            "Tis time to snuggle," I uttered as my happiness moved higher.
"Only winter and nothing more."

While in the chair, my puppy joined me, its warm body snuggling in tight.
Beyond the window, the snow drifted, drifted behind the door.
As I watched, the fire blazed; I relaxed in my place.

“I do love winter,” the words repeated, repeated in my head-
Comfy and cozy with my companion, the words rang in my head-
“Cuddling is what winter is for."


___________________________________________________________________
Only Winter and Nothing More
by Stephanie Daich



 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment