Tuesday, March 5, 2024

AS OUR RELATIONSHIP TURNS TO DUST -Poetry

 





When we were last together

You saw me in your light

A promised friendship forever

A unity ever bright.

Since then, I’ve born my soul,

To the real me trapped inside

Acceptance is my ultimate goal,

No longer wanting to hide.

Though few have stayed with me

Most friends have closed the door.

All because I let myself be

I’ve lost my friends from before.

Flooding me with sorrow

More than the rest,

You closed down our tomorrow,

Your disapproval you’ve expressed.

Unchanging is my value.

My personality the same.

I can’t handle your displeasure,

As you now treat me with shame.

I suppose I’ll go on living,

As our friendship does combust.

I’ll work on my forgiving,

As our relationship turns to dust.

_______________________________________________________

As Our Relationship Turns to Dust

by Stephanie Daich

No comments:

Post a Comment