Friday, March 22, 2024

THE CHOSEN ONE -Poetry

 




The Chosen One






He came to me in the mid of the night,

Entering into my room.

For others, it might have brought them a fright.

This creature from another realm.

But I had waited for his call,

Always knowing he would come

To sweep me away from humanity's all,

For I was the chosen one.

His form, unlike my own,

Made of plasma and light.

His strange voice and language to me unknown

Yet still, I was not scared.

He used a rod and zapped my head.

His lightning shocked my senses.

In my body, the darkness spread.

Until later, I awoke alone.

I think it's been years since that dreadful day,

When my liberty he did steal.

When that creature whisked me away

And locked me in this cage.

Unthinkable experiments he's done to me

as my body and mind, he has tortured.

If only he would let me free,

So I could return to my realm.

I guess it's my fault, for I foolishly believed.

His realm offered me greatness.

This hell I had not conceived.

Me, the chosen one.

_______________________________________________________________

The Chosen One

by Stephanie Daich

No comments:

Post a Comment