Saturday, May 4, 2024

THE ADDICTION HAS WON AGAIN -Poetry

 THE ADDICTION HAS WON AGAIN






Succumbed again.

               One day in four.

 How did I fail?


A blight, a sting

               A beguiling tune.

Controlling me.


Day one -so strong.

               Nothing will take me down.

I have it this time.


Look at the pitiful fools.

               Drowning their will in their addiction.

Not me. Never again.


Wanderlust with the eyes.

               The substance catches my attention.

Leave me alone!


Day three -I fade in and out.

               I have this. I do!

I made it one more day!


I can do this. I will never fall again.

               I am power.

Power. That is me.


And now, here I am,

               Gripped by my madness.

The addiction has won again.

____________________________________________________________________

The Addiction Has Won Again

by Stephanie Daich

No comments:

Post a Comment