Tuesday, August 8, 2023

BURY THE STRIFE -Poetry

 BURY THE STRIFE




We were young once, playing in the dirt.
We were young once when life didn’t hurt.
We played in the brush and high in the tree.
We played, and we ran, our imaginations free.
There was no one in my life greater than you.
There was no one in my life I’d rather turn to.
We shared our feelings, our hopes, and dreams.
We shared our life, connected at the seams.
What happened? Where did you go?
What happened? Am I now solo?
I said a word, maybe two.
I said a word, but so did you.
Can’t we forgive and let this go?
Can’t we forgive? Don’t let hate grow.
I need you back in my life.
I need you back. Let go of strife.
The little dispute that we had.
The little squabble made you so mad.
I told you I am sorry, every night and day.
I told you I was sorry. Can’t I get you to stay?
You have been the best part of my life.
You have been the best. Please bury the strife.
We were young once, playing in the dirt.
We were young once when life didn’t hurt.


____________________________________________________________
Bury the Strife
by Stephanie Daich

No comments:

Post a Comment